Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Spooky Eyes

First, let me just say this is weird, but I love it. Second, it should be noted that I have thought/said that AB has reminded me of my brother, Matt, since birth. Third, thank you Matt for allowing me to post your toddler picture without your knowledge. I love the plastic-covered cloth diapers! And double thanks to Mom and Dad for providing me with the incriminating photo!!

This is my brother Matt. His "spooky eyes" have been one of those "when you were a child you always used to..." that we (his siblings) have heard about our whole lives. I very clearly remember being shown the photo below, from his baby book, as proof many times over.
This is my son Andrew Bear. He recently, completely and 100% of his own inclination, has begun to make "spooky eyes." They began as an instantaneous reaction to being told "NO", but once he realized that his spooky eyes made Mommy (and everyone else) laugh, they became his "I know I'm doing something wrong, but am going to try to get a smile out of you so you let me do it anyway" gimmick........Sadly, it works every time!

He also does it on command. I'm not sure if Matt ever got that far : )
The side-by-side.

I promise we will now go back to our normal, smiley selves!! Happy Fall everyone!
Next up are pumpkins and costumes!!

p.s. We love you, Uncle Matt!