Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"Plant Something and Watch It Grow..."

...These words of advice/life were given to Samantha when she was little, little by our very dear friends Dustin and Kelly Jo....and we finally put them to practice!! The best thing about the 'practice' part of it is the fact that we did it with Uncle Matt and Miss Kate, who we won't see for quite some time as they have just begun their world-traveling adventure. Now, as we water our baby sprouts each day, Samantha remembers her uncle and Miss Kate and I think ever so fondly of Dustin and KJ. How sweet the little moments of life can sometimes be, right?!

While spending a week or so with us, Matt was itching to plant a garden and I was more than happy to provide the plants in return for his labor :) We (they) planted heirloom and cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, cilantro, parsley, basil, a strawberry plant. Plus, lettuce seeds...one was romaine and the other butter lettuce...and now we have teeny tiny baby lettuce sprouts!!!

I promised to provide progress updates...so here are one-week pics:
And the close-ups. Look how cute those baby sprouts are!!